Use NFC Tags to automate tasks
NFC Task Launcher uses the NFC Hardware and RFID/NFC Tags to allow you to create tags several types of tags, including a custom "Task" tag that will automatically execute tasks when read.
If you are looking for some assistance on where to purchase blank NFC tags there are some shops listed on the application website as well as within the "Buy Tags" option of the app menu.
Demo videos can be viewed on the application Website.
You can create:
- Task Tags
- Profile Tasks
- vCard Tags
- Smart URL Tags
- Text Tags
- URI Tags (Tel, SMS, Mailto)
Task Tags currently support the following tasks
- Enable / Disable / Toggle Wifi
- Enable / Disable / Toggle Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth Discoverable
- Launch any installed Application
- Connect to any known SSID
- Configure a new Wifi Connection and connect
- Configure and enable Portable Hotspot
- Enable / Disable Auto-sync
- Launch any Tasker Task (for users of Tasker)
- Changing Phone Ringtone
- Change Notification Tone
- Changing Ringer Mode (Normal/Silent/Vibrate)
- Changing Ringer Volume
- Changing Media Volume
- Changing Alarm Volume
- Changing Notification Volume
- Set Alarm (both fixed time and N minutes in the future)
- Check in using Google Latitude
- Check in using Foursquare
- Check in using Facebook
- Start / Stop media playback
Task Tags can be named and saved for future use and used with the new Profile tag to toggle between 2 saved tags.
A 4x1 and a 2x1 Widget are also included to show the last profile applied (or actions performed) as well as launch the app. A 1x1 widget is included for toggling NFC on and off.
This application supports NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 3 Tags as well as third party NFC Enabled tags like the MIFARE Classic, DESFire, Ultralight and Ultralight C.
For information on where you can purchase NFC tags please see the application website below.
If you have any problems please submit the "Crash Report" to allow for best detection of issues and to allow for them to be resolved as quickly as possible.
To access the NFC device
To control the Bluetooth radio (On/Off/Discoverable)
Used to read contacts to create vCards
For vibration notification
Used to detect current wifi radio state and alter wifi radio
Used to enable/disble airplane mode
Used to update Auto Sync settings
Used to read bookmarks when creating a URL based tag
Android Licsensing service
Used for Tasker integration
Used to set an alarm from a tag
Used to request AUTH credentials for Latitude and communicate via the Latitude API
Used for Latitude to get current network location